To update the OAB, you need to follow a multistep process:
- Generate a new OAB.
- Distribute the new OAB to the client access server.
- Force the Outlook client to obtain the updated OAB from the client access server.
To generate a new OAB:
- In the Exchange Management Console, browse to the Mailbox node in the Organization Management workspace, and select the Offline Address Book tab.
- Right-click the Default Offline Address Book and click Update.
- In the Update dialog box, click Yes to acknowledge that it may take several minutes.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange File Distribution service, or
- Run Update-FileDistributionService ServerName -Type OAB
- In Outlook 2010, click the Send/Receive tab.
- Click Send/Receive Groups and click Download Address Book.
- In the Offline Address Book dialog box, click OK to download the address book.